Greek Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance)
Key Word Studies (Translations-Definitions-Meanings)
» G3879 «
Greek Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
1) to stoop to a thing in order to look at it
2) to look at with head bowed forward
3) to look into with the body bent
4) to stoop and look into
5) metaph. to look carefully into, inspect curiously
5a) of one who would become acquainted with something
Thayer's (New Testament Greek-English Lexicon)
; to bend beside
, that is, lean over
(so as to peer within
):look (into), stoop down.
Strong's (Greek Dictionary of the New Testament)
- parakuptō; from 3844 and 2955; to stoop sideways, to stoop to look:
- NASB - look(1), looks intently(1), stooped and looked(1), stooping and looking(2).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved http://www.lockman.org
AV - stoop down 3, look 2; 5
- Luke 24:12. John 20:5, 11.
- 1 Peter 1:12.
- James 1:25.
Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)