» H7935 «
Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
Shecaniah or Shechaniah = "dweller with Jehovah"
1) a descendant of Zerubbabel whose descendants returned from exile
2) son of Jehiel of the sons of Elam and one who had a foreign wife
in the time of Ezra
3) father of Shemaiah who repaired part of the wall of Jerusalem in
the time of Nehemiah
4) son of Arah, father-in-law of Tobiah who opposed Nehemiah
5) a priest who returned from exile with Zerubbabel
6) a priest in the time of king Hezekiah of Judah
Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)
; Jah has dwelt
, the name of nine Israelites:Shecaniah, Shechaniah.
Strong's (Hebrew & Chaldee Dictionary of the Old Testament)
- Shekanyah or
- [or] שְׁכַנְיָהוּ
- Shekanyahu (1016a); from 7931 and 3050; “Yah has taken up His abode,” the name of several Isr.:
- NASB - Shecaniah(10).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved http://www.lockman.org
Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)