Hebrew Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance)
Key Word Studies (Translations-Definitions-Meanings)
» H7645 «
Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
Shebaniah = "increased by Jehovah"
1) a Levite who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah
2) a priest who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah
3) a 2nd Levite who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah
4) a priest appointed by David to blow with the trumpets before the
ark of God
Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)
From the same as H7644
; Jah has grown
(that is, prospered
, the name of three or four Israelites:Shebaniah.
Strong's (Hebrew & Chaldee Dictionary of the Old Testament)
- Shebanyah or
- [or] שְׁבַנְיָהוּ
- Shebanyahu (987d); from the same as 7644 and from 3050; the name of several Isr.:
- NASB - Shebaniah(7).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved http://www.lockman.org
Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)