Hebrew Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance)
Key Word Studies (Translations-Definitions-Meanings)
» H6439 «
Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
Penuel or Peniel = "facing God"
n pr m
1) a Benjamite, son of Shashak, brother of Iphedeiah of the family of
2) son of Hur, father of Gedor, and a descendant of Judah
n pr loc
3) the place named by Jacob when he wrestled with God and located on
the north bank of the Jabbok close to the Jordan
Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)
; face of God
, a place East of Jordan; also (as Penuel) the name of two Israelites:Peniel, Penuel.
Strong's (Hebrew & Chaldee Dictionary of the Old Testament)
- Penuel (819c); from 6440 and 410; “face of God,” a place E. of the Jordan, also two Isr.:
- NASB - Peniel(1), Penuel(8).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved http://www.lockman.org
Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)