Hebrew Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance)
Key Word Studies (Translations-Definitions-Meanings)
» H6252 «
Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
Ashtaroth or Astaroth = "star"
n pr f deity
1) false goddesses in the Canaanite religion, usually related to
n pr loc
2) a city in Bashan east of the Jordan given to Manasseh
2a) same as H6255
Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)
Plural of H6251
, the name of a Sidonian deity, and of a place East of the Jordan:Ashtaroth, Astaroth. See also H1045
Strong's (Hebrew & Chaldee Dictionary of the Old Testament)
- Ashtaroth (800b); from 6245b; a place E. of the Jordan:
- NASB - Ashtaroth(6).
- Ashtoreth or
- [or] עַשְׁתָּרוֹת
- Ashtaroth (800a); from 6245b; an ancient Near Eastern goddess:
- NASB - Ashtaroth(6), Ashtoreth(3).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved http://www.lockman.org
AV - Ashtaroth 11, Astaroth 1; 12
- Joshua 9:10; 12:4; 13:12, 31. Judges 2:13; 10:6. 1 Samuel 7:3, 4; 12:10. 1 Chronicles 6:71.
The following translates multiple Hebrew or Aramaic words:
- Deuteronomy 1:4.
- 1 Samuel 31:10.
Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)