Hebrew Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance)
Key Word Studies (Translations-Definitions-Meanings)
» H6214 «
Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
Asahel = "God-made"
1) nephew of David, son of David's sister Zeruiah, and brother of
Joab and Abishai; swift of foot he was killed by Abner when he
pursued him in battle and caught him
2) a Levite in the reign of king Jehoshaphat of Judah who went
through the kingdom giving instruction in the law
3) a Levite in the reign of king Hezekiah of Judah in charge of the
tithes and dedicated things in the temple
4) a priest, father of Jonathan, in the time of Ezra
Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)
; God has made
, the name of four Israelites:Asahel.
Strong's (Hebrew & Chaldee Dictionary of the Old Testament)
- Asahel (795c); from 6213a and 410; “God has made,” four Isr.:
- NASB - Asahel(18).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved http://www.lockman.org
Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)