Hebrew Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance)
Key Word Studies (Translations-Definitions-Meanings)
» H6118 «
Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
1b) consequence, gain, reward
2) as a consequence, because, consequently
3) as a consequence of, that, because
Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)
in the sense of H6119
; a heel
, that is, (figuratively) the last
of anything (used adverbially for ever
); also result
, that is, compensation
; and so (adverbially with preposition or relatively) on account
of: X because, by, end, for, if, reward.
Strong's (Hebrew & Chaldee Dictionary of the Old Testament)
- eqeb (784c); from an unused word; consequence, as a consequence of, because:
- NASB - because(3), because*(7), end(2), reward(2).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved http://www.lockman.org
AV - because 6, reward 3, end 2, because + H0834 1, by 1, for 1, if 1; 15
- Genesis 26:5. Numbers 14:24. Deuteronomy 8:20. 2 Samuel 12:6, 10. Amos 4:12.
- Proverbs 22:4.
- Psalms 119:33, 112.
- Isaiah 5:23.
- Deuteronomy 7:12.
The following translates multiple Hebrew or Aramaic words:
- Psalms 19:11; 40:15; 70:3.
- Genesis 22:18.
Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)