Hebrew Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance)
Key Word Studies (Translations-Definitions-Meanings)
» H5700 «
Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
Eglon = "calf-like"
n pr m
1) king of Moab who oppressed the children of Israel for 18 years
before he was killed by the judge Ehud
n pr loc
2) a royal city in Canaan that opposed the conquest; located in the
low lands of Judah
Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)
, the name of a place in Palestine and of a Moabitish king:Eglon.
Strong's (Hebrew & Chaldee Dictionary of the Old Testament)
- Eglon (722d); from the same as 5695; a king of Moab, also a city in Isr.:
- NASB - Eglon(13).
- Eglath (722c); from the same as 5695; a place near the S. border of Moab:
- NASB - Eglath-shelishiyah*(2).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved http://www.lockman.org
Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)