Hebrew Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance)
Key Word Studies (Translations-Definitions-Meanings)
» H2174 «
Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
n pr m
Zimri = "my music"
1) the son of Salu, a Simeonite chieftain, slain by Phinehas with the
Midianitish princess Cozbi
2) 5th king of the northern kingdom, murderer of the king, Elah, who
reigned for 7 days before he killed himself by setting the palace
on fire and was replaced by the general of the army, Omri
3) one of the five sons of Zerah and grandson of Judah
4) son of Jehoadah and descendant of Saul
5) an obscure name mentioned in connection with 'the mingled people'
in Jeremiah; may be same as 'Zimran'
Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)
, the name of five Israelites, and of an Arabian tribe:Zimri.
Strong's (Hebrew & Chaldee Dictionary of the Old Testament)
- Zimri (275b); of unc. der.; four Isr.:
- NASB - Zimri(14).
- Zimri (275b); of unc. der.; perh. a place in Ethiopia:
- NASB - Zimri(1).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved http://www.lockman.org
Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)