Hebrew Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance)
Key Word Studies (Translations-Definitions-Meanings)
» H2039 «
Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
n pr m
Haran = "mountaineer"
1) youngest son of Terah, brother of Abraham, father of Lot, Milcah,
and Iscah; born and died in Ur of the Chaldees
2) a Gershonite Levite in the time of David, one of the family of Shimei
3) a son of Caleb by the concubine Ephah
n pr loc
4) name of the place to which Abraham migrated from Ur of the Chaldees
and where the descendants of his brother Nahor established themselves;
probably located in Mesopotamia, in Padanaram, the cultivated district
at the foot of the hills between the Khabour and the Euphrates below
Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)
Perhaps from H2022
, the name of two men:Haran.
Strong's (Hebrew & Chaldee Dictionary of the Old Testament)
- Haran (248c); perh. from 2022; “mountaineer,” a brother of Abram, also an Isr.:
- NASB - Haran(7).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved http://www.lockman.org
Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)