Hebrew Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance)
Key Word Studies (Translations-Definitions-Meanings)
» H1840 «
Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
Daniel = "God is my judge"
1) the 2nd son of David, by Abigail the Carmelitess
2) the 4th of the greater prophets, taken as hostage in the first
deportation to Babylon, because of the gift of God of the
interpretation of dreams, he became the 2nd in command of the Babylon
empire and lasted through the end of the Babylonian empire and into
the Persian empire. His prophecies are the key to the understanding
of end time events. Noted for his purity and holiness by contemporary
2a) also, 'Belteshazzar' (H1095 or H1096)
3) a priest of the line of Ithamar who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah
Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)
; judge of God
, the name of two Israelites:Daniel.
Strong's (Hebrew & Chaldee Dictionary of the Old Testament)
- Daniyyel or
- [or] דָּנִאֵל
- Daniel (193a); from 1777 and 410; “God is my judge,” the name of several Isr.:
- NASB - Daniel(29).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved http://www.lockman.org
AV - Daniel 29; 29
- 1 Chronicles 3:1. Ezra 8:2. Nehemiah 10:6. Ezekiel 14:14, 20; 28:3. Daniel 1:6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 11, 17, 19, 21; 8:1, 15, 27; 9:2, 22; 10:1, 2, 7, 11, 12; 12:4, 5, 9.
Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)