Hebrew Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance)
Key Word Studies (Translations-Definitions-Meanings)
» H0568 «
Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
Amariah = "Jehovah speaks" or "Yah(u) has promised"
1) Zadok's grandfather
2) a head priest's son in Solomon's time
3) a chief priest under Jehoshaphat
4) Hezekiah's son, great-grandfather of Zephaniah
5) a Levite in Ezra's time
6) a Levite under Hezekiah
7) a priest in Nehemiah's time
Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)
; Jah has said
(that is, promised); Amarjah
, the name of nine Israelites:Amariah.
Strong's (Hebrew & Chaldee Dictionary of the Old Testament)
- Amaryahu or
- [or] אֲמַרְיָה
- Amaryah (57c); from 559 and 3050; “Yah has promised,” the name of several Isr.:
- NASB - Amariah(16).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved http://www.lockman.org
Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)