Greek Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance)
Key Word Studies (Translations-Definitions-Meanings)
» G4788 «
Greek Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
1) to shut up together, enclose
1a) of a shoal of fishes in a net
2) to shut up on all sides, shut up completely
Thayer's (New Testament Greek-English Lexicon)
; to shut together
, that is, include
or (figuratively) embrace
in a common subjection to:conclude, inclose, shut up.
Strong's (Greek Dictionary of the New Testament)
- sugkleiō; from 4862 and 2808; to shut together, i.e. enclose:
- NASB - enclosed(1), shut(3).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved http://www.lockman.org
AV - conclude 2, inclose 1, shut up 1; 4
- Romans 11:32. Galatians 3:22.
- Luke 5:6.
- Galatians 3:23.
Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)