Greek Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance)
Key Word Studies (Translations-Definitions-Meanings)
» G4388 «
Greek Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
1) to place before, to set forth
1a) to set forth to be looked at, expose to view
1b) to expose to public view
1b1) of the bodies of the dead
1b2) to let lie in state
2) to set before one's self, propose to one's self
2a) to purpose, determine
Thayer's (New Testament Greek-English Lexicon)
Middle voice from G4253
; to place before
, that is, (for oneself) to exhibit
; (to oneself) to propose
):purpose, set forth.
Strong's (Greek Dictionary of the New Testament)
- protithēmi; from 4253 and 5087; to set before, i.e. propose:
- NASB - displayed publicly(1), planned(1), purposed(1).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved http://www.lockman.org
AV - purpose 2, set forth 1; 3
- Romans 3:25.
- Romans 1:13. Ephesians 1:9.
Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)