Greek Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance)
Key Word Studies (Translations-Definitions-Meanings)
» G4046 «
Greek Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
1) to make to remain over
2) to reserve, to leave or keep safe, lay by
3) to make to remain for one's self
4) to preserve for one's self
5) to get for one's self, purchase
Thayer's (New Testament Greek-English Lexicon)
Middle voice from G4012
; to make around oneself
, that is, acquire
Strong's (Greek Dictionary of the New Testament)
- peripoieō; from 4012 and 4160; to preserve, get possession of:
- NASB - keep(1), obtain(1), purchased(1).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved http://www.lockman.org
AV - purchase 2; 2
- 1 Timothy 3:13.
- Acts 20:28.
Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)