Greek Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance)
Key Word Studies (Translations-Definitions-Meanings)
» G4036 «
Greek Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
1) very sad, exceedingly sorrowful
2) overcome with sorrow so much as to cause one's death
Thayer's (New Testament Greek-English Lexicon)
, that is, intensely sad
:exceeding (very) sorry (-owful).
Strong's (Greek Dictionary of the New Testament)
- perilupos; from 4012 and 3077; very sad:
- NASB - deeply grieved(2), very sad(1), very sorry(1).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved http://www.lockman.org
AV - exceeding sorrowful 2, very sorrowful 2, exceeding sorry 1; 5
- Matthew 26:38. Mark 14:34. Luke 18:23, 24.
- Mark 6:26.
Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)