Greek Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance)
Key Word Studies (Translations-Definitions-Meanings)
» G3927 «
Greek Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
1) one who comes from a foreign country into a city or land to
reside there by the side of the natives
2) a stranger
3) sojourning in a strange place, a foreigner
4) in the NT metaph. in reference to heaven as the native country,
one who sojourns on earth
Thayer's (New Testament Greek-English Lexicon)
and the base of G1927
; an alien alongside
, that is, a resident foreigner
Strong's (Greek Dictionary of the New Testament)
- parepidēmos; from 3844 and ε᾿πι´δημος epidēmos (sojourning in); sojourning in a strange place:
- NASB - exiles(1), reside as aliens(1), strangers(1).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved http://www.lockman.org
AV - pilgrim 2, stranger 1; 3
- Hebrews 11:13. 1 Peter 2:11.
- 1 Peter 1:1.
Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)