Greek Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance)
Key Word Studies (Translations-Definitions-Meanings)
» G2634 «
Greek Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
1) to bring under one's power, to subject one's self, to subdue, master
2) to hold in subjection, to be master of, exercise lordship over
Thayer's (New Testament Greek-English Lexicon)
; to lord against
, that is, control
:exercise dominion over (lordship), be lord over, overcome.
Strong's (Greek Dictionary of the New Testament)
- katakuptō; from 2596 and 2955; to bend down:
- NASB - stooped down(1).
- katakurieuō; from 2596 and 2961; to exercise dominion over:
- NASB - lord it over(2), lording it over(1), subdued(1).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved http://www.lockman.org
AV - exercise dominion over 1, overcome 1, be lord over 1,
exercise lordship over 1; 4
- Mark 10:42.
- Matthew 20:25. 1 Peter 5:3.
- Acts 19:16.
Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)