Greek Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance)
Key Word Studies (Translations-Definitions-Meanings)
» G1793 «
Greek Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
1) to light upon a person or a thing, fall in with, hit upon, a
person or a thing
2) to go to or meet a person, esp. for the purpose of conversation,
consultation, or supplication
3) to pray, entreat
4) make intercession for any one
Thayer's (New Testament Greek-English Lexicon)
; to chance upon
, that is, (by implication) confer with
; by extension to entreat
(in favor or against):deal with, make intercession.
Strong's (Greek Dictionary of the New Testament)
- entugchanō; from 1722 and 5177; to chance upon, by impl. confer with, by ext. entreat:
- NASB - appealed(1), intercedes(2), make intercession(1), pleads(1).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved http://www.lockman.org
AV - make intercession 4, deal 1; 5
- Acts 25:24.
- Romans 8:27, 34; 11:2. Hebrews 7:25.
Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)