Greek Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance)
Key Word Studies (Translations-Definitions-Meanings)
» G1315 «
Greek Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
1) to move by the use of the hands, take in hand, manage,
2) to lay hands on, slay, kill [with one's own hand]
Thayer's (New Testament Greek-English Lexicon)
and a derivative of G5495
; to handle thoroughly
, that is, lay
Strong's (Greek Dictionary of the New Testament)
- diacheirizō; from 1223 and χειρι´ζω cheirizō (to handle); from 5495; to have in hand, thus to lay hands on (violently):
- NASB - put...to death(1), put to death(1).
- diachleuazō; from 1223 and 5512; to scoff, mock:
- NASB - mocking(1).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved http://www.lockman.org
AV - slay 1, kill 1; 2
- Acts 26:21.
- Acts 5:30.
Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)