Greek Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance)
Key Word Studies (Translations-Definitions-Meanings)
» G0483 «
Greek Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
1) to speak against, gainsay, contradict
2) to oppose one's self to one, decline to obey him, declare one's
self against him, refuse to have anything you do with him
Thayer's (New Testament Greek-English Lexicon)
; to dispute
:answer again, contradict, deny, gainsay (-er), speak against.
Strong's (Greek Dictionary of the New Testament)
- antilegō; from 473 and 3004; to speak against, hence to contradict, oppose:
- NASB - argumentative(1), contradict(1), contradicting(1), objected(1), obstinate(1), opposed(1), opposes(1), say(1), spoken against(1).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved http://www.lockman.org
AV - speak against 5, deny 1, contradict 1, gainsay 1, gainsayer 1,
answer again 1; 10
- Titus 2:9.
- Luke 2:34. John 19:12. Acts 13:45; 28:19, 22.
- Acts 13:45.
- Luke 20:27.
- Titus 1:9.
- Romans 10:21.
Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)