Greek Dictionary (Lexicon-Concordance)
Key Word Studies (Translations-Definitions-Meanings)
» G0472 «
Greek Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
1) to hold before or against, hold back, withstand, endure
2) to keep one's self directly opposite to any one, hold to him
firmly, cleave to, paying heed to him
Thayer's (New Testament Greek-English Lexicon)
and the middle of G2192
; to hold
to, that is, (by implication) adhere to
; by extension to care
for:hold fast, hold to, support.
Strong's (Greek Dictionary of the New Testament)
- antechō; from 473 and 2192; to hold against, i.e. to hold firmly to:
- NASB - devoted(2), help(1), holding fast(1).
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation All rights reserved http://www.lockman.org
AV - hold to 2, support 1, holdfast 1, 4
- Titus 1:9.
- Matthew 6:24. Luke 16:13.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:14.
Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)